Thread: Zoom Player
View Single Post
Old 30th November 2016, 18:28   #64  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

I am very pleased to announce the final release of Zoom Player version 12.7.
The small version bump from v12.6 to v12.7 doesn't quite tell the whole story behind the enhancements and fixes in this point release. This release represents a massive undertaking by the entire team to optimize the code, clean up long standing usability issues, enhance the media library, simplify the process of backing-up/restoring your favorite Zoom Player settings and the introduction of initial YouTube integration.

Highlights:
* Streaming playback of YouTube links.
* Media library category thumbnail view with enhanced filtering.
* New Movies & TV Shows media library category types.
* Settings, configuration & profiles export/import to ZIP.
* Station Manager usability enhancements.
* Smart Play source filter support for URL based media streaming.
* Significant key functionality optimizations, leading to faster startup and overall operation.
* Many bug fixes.
* The complete change list since version 12.6 or if you missed a version, check out the change list archive.

The Future, Version 13:
Hopefully, we have done a great job on this version and there are no lingering bugs, paving the way for the next major release, version 13.
In this upcoming version, I plan to open up the media library with a new Plug-in API that will allow 3rd party developers to add custom content.
To demonstrate the new API capabilities, I will create an open-source plug-in integrating YouTube channels as Media Libary video categories.
Please help me make this a reality.

Support me and the team on Patreon:
If you would like to help create great new features a reality sooner rather than later, please sign up to support Zoom Player on Patreon.
As a patron you will receive access to unique & exclusive content and input on the future of development of Zoom Player.

Upgrading:
Own a lifetime license or purchased Zoom Player in the previous year? this new version is yours absolutely FREE!

Has it been a while since you upgraded? existing customers are eligible to upgrade at a discount of up to 50%.
Please contact registration support and get your upgrade coupon.

Download:
Zoom Player FREE/MAX:

- The Inmatrix Team