View Single Post
Old 16th October 2006, 15:07   #139  |  Link
Rafterman

Having just purchased my first DVD DL Rewriter(BenQ DW1655) and am going to try and backup one of my DVD's to a DL disk(Emtec DVD+R - RicohJPN D00-001). Now these disks are not cheap so I cannot afford to produce to many coasters. Anyway I checked this forum for some guidelines and got a nice guide using PgcEdit with Imgburn, mkisofs.exe and Decrypter. Now having looked at this method I have a few questions.

1. When you are selecting a layer break do you only need to select 1 layer break per dvd even if the dvd contains many of the examples as shown in the guide represented by the different colors, ie: select the green example if it exists and thats it.

2. In the guide it also mentions an app called Imgtools. What I would like to know is, do I need to use Imgtools and what is the difference between Imgburn and Imgtools. As I read it, it would appear Imgtools can be used to burn a DVD folder(Video_ts) whereas imgburn is used to burn ISO's???

3. rOIZ mentioned earlier in this thread it is possible to do a 1:1 copy from a DVD to a DL Disc using decrypter(ISO mode) so why does one need to do the stept as outlined in the PcgEdit guide concerning the layer break ect. Would a 1:1 copy using Decrypter with anydvd running in the background not work as well.
Rafterman is offline   Reply With Quote