View Single Post
Old 27th November 2008, 21:37   #7157  |  Link
gillie

No video on .ts files processed with eac3to

Hoping someone can help.
I've been using the following process to produce .ts files of Blu-Ray rips which I can then play via my TVix M6500 "media streamer".

1. Rip Blu-ray disc to hard disk with AnyDVD HD
2. Use eac3to to extract video to .mkv and the audio to .dts or .ac3
3. Use tsMuxeR GUI to create .ts file container the video and audio streams

This process has worked fine for weeks but has now started creating a .ts file which has either no video playback or corrupted video playback. The audio is fine.

If I use tsMuxeR to extract the video and audio directly from the Blu-ray hard disk copy then the .ts file works okay. But using this method I'm unable to modify the audio output. My preference is to extract the lossless audio stream to DTS using eac3to and Surcode DTS encoder.

If I use MKVmerge to create a .mkv file of the same streams the output is fine, but my TviX box is rubbish with large .mkv files with high bit rates so this isn't an option for me.

Also tried using eac3to to extract the video to an elementary stream (.h264) then tsmuxed the streams into a .ts file and all works fine.

Looking at the mediainfo details for the .ts files which don't work it looks like something odd is going on. The "duration" of the .ts file is twice what it should be. But the individual .mkv and .dts files both have the correct duration. Think it may be the latest versions of eac3to which are producing odd .mkv files.

Would welcome anyones thoughts on this one.