View Single Post
Old 27th August 2017, 19:29   #45162  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Interesting! Did you also try editing the horizontal porches in such a way that they're dividable by 2, 4 or even 8? Maybe it works that way?
Yes! Even simply keeping the porches even causes TV to be fine with custom settings even in 12-bit. I can use one of the "80" compatibility modes that, in my case, adds 36 to the front porch and modifies the pixel clock for no expected frame drops/repeats ever.

I had modified each setting by one and it went crazy on the horizontal porches but simply using 2 instead would have been fine.

(minor spelling error in the optimize timing parameters window: compatability should be compatibility)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Can you provide more information on how to reproduce this?
If I set my display to any other refresh rate (e.g. 30 or 60 Hz), and then play a 23Hz video with auto refresh rate switching enabled in madVR, playback takes an oddly long time to start (longer then just the refresh rate switch) and LAV has fallen back to avcodec for decoding when it does start (and there is no DXVA2 in madVR's OSD). 8-bit or 12-bit doesn't change this behavior and DXVA2 copyback is fine.