View Single Post
Old 27th October 2017, 15:57   #324  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyFeR26 View Post
Hi,

It seems the "Add" and "Extract" buttons in the lower right corner both do the same (extract selected tracks). Shouldn't the "Add" button open the file dialog to add files?

At this moment it's only possible to add files while right-clicking the "Input files" area and select 'Add input file(s)".
The button you are referring to is for adding Jobs, not files. gMKVExtractGUI features a job manager, where you can add extracting Jobs and run them at a later time. You can see the job manager form at any time by clicking on the "Jobs..." button.
Since dragging and dropping now supports folders and sub folders, I think that adding files manually is not so intuitive, though I left the option from the context menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcj View Post
Is it possible to set (force) the mkvtoolnix directory through command line? Something like "gMKVExtractGUI.exe --mkvtoolnix=/home/user/custom/bin". Right now it seems to default to "/usr/bin" even if I put another directory with the command line tools in front of my PATH.
That is definitely something I could check. However you can still change the MKVToolNix path by either browsing to the path, or dragging and dropping it on the field.
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote