View Single Post
Old 6th December 2006, 12:06   #472  |  Link
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
It is indeed illegal to mix PAL and NTSC in the same DVD, although some players support that. My old Sony has no problem playing such DVDs.
Thank's for your clarification and confirmation. I was think same but was not sure of it.
Quote:
...streams attributes to declare it as PAL, the verifier complains always when a menu is not present in a PAL DVD!
Conclusion: a PAL DVD must have all menu domains in all VTSs. BTW, what is a Philips Verifier? Is it a program or hardware?
Quote:
IIRC, when PgcEdit creates a new domain, it uses the standard found in the title domain of the first VTS, or the VMGM. But maybe there is a bug here.
BTW, do you have that problem with all DVDs, or only with the DVDs without a FP-PGC?
Yes, I noted it "works" on some my DVDs without a menu domains. But, I must check it again. Maybe it's my bad. Now, I know how a PGCEdit works, and maybe it was a multistandard DVDs or something else. I must check it first by myself. If I find a bug suspicion, I'll send an IFO to you.
Quote:
Can you send me the IFOs of a DVD without FP-PGC?
Sorry, no. I have no that DVD now. But I'll try to find it again. It was only one of all of DVDs which I worked earlier.
President is offline   Reply With Quote