View Single Post
Old 19th December 2011, 15:41   #8  |  Link
markanini

Quote:
*kicks self for presenting an ambiguous example*
Don't worry about it, we're here to learn. I believe Didée was right(when is he not?) about 32 black point being correct. Now, It might look better in some ways with a 16 blackpoint, depending on your monitor settings. I think the reason is high contrast and saturation pre-applied by the camera. Check if it's possible to adjust these in the camera for future projects. Same goes for sharpening.

If it was my project besides sticking with 32 black point I'd reduce contrast and saturation with Smootlevels, just before mapping to 0-255. Hang on I'll post an example just for fun.

Quote:
I am rather lost with mt_convolution. I just tried DeHalo_alpha at default settings, right before the LSFmod, and it did reduce the halos while softening the footage.
Nothing beats mt_convolution for quality. Maybe someone will come along with some advice on parateter to use. It's certainly has a learning curve. Wish I could help with this one but I havent sunk my teeth into mt_convolution yet.

Quote:
I'm a YouTube partner so I receive a share of the revenue received when viewers click ads on or around my videos. Is this a strictly amateur forum? I didn't see anything on the board rules that forbids me participating. Only that spamming and advertising is forbidden. I am very happy indeed to credit those that help. What exactly do you mean by a "free download link"?
You're right, while a majority are amateur it's not a strictly amateur forum and discussing commercial projects hasn't been disallowed as far as I can recall. Sorry about the confusion. Free download link or not is up to you, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Last edited by markanini; 19th December 2011 at 15:56.
markanini is offline   Reply With Quote