View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:46   #485  |  Link
txporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
There's only one bob in there.
Ok, right. I see that. Still don't understand what is happening there exactly.

Clense is a function of RemoveGrain that performs temporal min-mix clipping for RemoveGrain, correct? I can't find any good information on the input parameters for Clense.

The merge function is used to then average (0.5) the luma and chroma channels of the two clips (the straight bob'd clip and the bob'd version that has been processed through clense), right? What is this actually doing?

Then bob3, seems to take bob2 (bob1 that has been clensed) and then clense it again, and then take the difference between the singly clensed and doubly clensed clip. I think that the U=3 and V=3 means that both luma and chroma should be processed. THEN, the difference between the singly clensed and doubly clensed clip is merged into the singly clensed clip. Why? Isn't this just the doubly clensed clip? This is where I have the most confusion.

The final srestore arguments, I think are more straightforward. It looks like it uses the TGMC clip as the output clip but srestore uses the clensed/bob'd clip to determine which frames to throw out/keep. What I don't understand totally (besides what I have shown to be beyond my comprehension above) is why the TGMC clip itself isn't suitable for the srestore function all on its own.
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote