View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 12:45   #7807  |  Link
pacemaker1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzinoxl View Post
hi guys!

thank very, very much for your interest!

By information found on the web, reclock is compatible with analog signal or, i understood so, hdmi audio from graphic card (like my ati hd6450). It isn't combatible with digital audio output by spdif. Now i have an asus p5q and sound go, from its spdif coaxial out, to an Onkio amplifier... By my news, in this case, reclock does not work... Isn't? I would so happy...
the way reclock works is to alter the video and audio by using an analogue signal, here you are correct. but it then sends the adjusted audio out via spdif/hdmi by re-encoding it to ac3, or just keeps it as analogue

it WILL work in your setup as this is exactly what it is designed to do

in mpc-hc you set the audio out as analogue 5.1 by double clicking on the DTS/AC3 in 'internal filters' if you use PowerDVD or TMT you set them also to 5.1 and NOT spdif output!
again as mentioned tick the AC3 encode button in reclock and tell it to use your spdif/hdmi output. dont forget the 5% speedup/slowdown on the second page and with your desktop at 50hz you WILL get smooth 23.976 video to play with spdif DD sent to your amp

this really has nothing to do with MadVR so sorry to others for the long explanation

enzinoxl. if you still require more info to get you up and working then pm me rather than crowd this thread

Last edited by pacemaker1000; 28th May 2011 at 12:53.
pacemaker1000 is offline   Reply With Quote