View Single Post
Old 20th June 2005, 07:38   #29  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@Maximus_G: your description sounds like you're not doing things right. I don't know what you're doing.. you're refering to some ominous button that I do not know for starters, and the process of auto encoding works like that on my box: configure video, configure audio, press auto-encode, configure output, configure output size, press queue. Then depending on your settings (from the settings dialog, Control-S in the main gui), encoding either starts (autoqueue and no other job is currently running), or it doesn't.

The log is auto-saved.. what do you get after the commandline? And what happens if you close MeGUI, re-open it, double click on the job that is in processing state, then press start? And is x264.exe running when you do that (check in the task manager) .And what is your setup (audio tracks, output format).. all those things are crucial to know. I have personally tested auto-mode with x264.exe (and mencoder) using no, 1 mp4 or 1 ac3 audio track input (so with and without audio encoding and muxing), and with and without using additional subtitle streams, chapters and assigning track languages. The only possible problem I ran into is mp4box not wanting to complete its job due to incorrect subtitle or chapter files.. but that is signalled as an error in the log and it only affects the muxing step, not the encoding one.

@Rash: when I open the avs described above (from your source), I also have 3 boxed, but I have the Moonlight Color Space converter in the middle. Obviously this stems from me having the Moonlight AVC encoder installed so I'll check on a PC where I don't have it installed (but ffdshow is on all my PCs) and see what I get.