View Single Post
Old 27th July 2016, 17:30   #15  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
The answer is definitely "yeah." Your approach does seem to have pretty much nailed the pulsing.

However, I feel like Spock in the original Star Trek "Operation -- Annihilate!" episode when McCoy tries to free him from the pain of a parasite. After the procedure Spock says: "I'm also quite blind. An equitable trade, Doctor. Thank you."

So in this case, the pain of the pulsing is gone, but I'm now color blind because the video no longer has any color.

Did you ditch the color planes in order to make it work, or did it simply help speed up the fix? I would obviously like to keep the color since that is part of the "payoff" when the drone breaks through the fog. However, if that is not possible, I actually might be able to create something this is visually even more dramatic, with the fog and below done in B&W, and then I mask in the original footage of the mountains. As I indicated earlier, that is a trivial operation with the NLE I use.

I'm obviously very interested in the script you used and hope I can adapt it to my computer and setup. Thank you very much for doing this.
relax, it works on chroma as well, I disabled chroma processing cuz I do my algorithm designing stuff on Y and extend that to UV or RGB once I finished the designing like always..
kind of a personal habit
feisty2 is offline   Reply With Quote