View Single Post
Old 8th February 2009, 11:34   #8164  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Here you go--I think 00216 is the mpls of interest and the clpi prolly 00011. Advise if I can provide any further info!
Thanks.

It seems that playlists 1 and 216 are identical - except that 216 has more chapters than 1. Don't know why they made the disc that way. There's a good reason, though, why eac3to chooses the playlist with more chapters. See here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=6376

When there are two playlists with a different number of chapters, which should I use? There are good arguments either way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic144 View Post
are you saying that one of these 2 methods does NOT remove/compensate for gaps/overlaps - I thought eac3to would always remove gaps/overlaps when demuxing a full-disc-structure title... if this is not the case, which of these 2 methods doesn't invoke eac3to's gap removal...?

or is it simply the case that eac3to does not do ANY Video gap compensation (in any mode - i.e. it just does audio) - I guess if that was the case and that ever happened, eac3to would just flag it in an info/warning message? (never seen such a warning on any of my discs to date anyway) - is it something eac3to might handle in the future?
eac3to automatically fixes audio gaps/overlaps, but it does not automatically fix video gaps/overlaps. And the only way to fix video gaps/overlaps is to modify the timestamps of a container. So if you demux video, there's nothing eac3to can do to fix the gaps/overlaps. However, the next eac3to version will at least also complain about gaps/overlaps if you demux video (older versions didn't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsham View Post
I am just starting to use eac3to and have encountered this problem. Is there a fix please?
Make sure you're using the latest eac3to version. If the problem still occurs then please post the eac3to log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
I wonder if eac3to considers a PAL speedup (-speedup) for the exported subtitles.
No. FPS changes for subtitles is not implemented yet. It's on my to do list, though...