View Single Post
Old 6th October 2014, 05:07   #11  |  Link
Zachs
Suptitle, MediaPlayer.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
On a side note, personally I find Lanczos, Spline and Jinc with 2 taps (in your case 4 taps) to be not worth the effort. They don't look better than Bicubic to my eyes. That's why madVR starts at 3 taps with those algorithms (which you count as 6 taps).
Just found some time to test some low res video clips. I find the above to be false - 4-tap (eq madVR 2 taps) Lanczos, Spline and Jinc look quite different to Bicubic as well as to one another. Try blackberry.mp4 (compare the BlackBerry text) on this page - http://download.wavetlan.com/SVV/Med...P/http-mp4.htm.

You'll find that Jinc gives the best interpolation. In fact, I can't see the difference between 4 or 6 or 8 taps but I can immediately notice the difference going from Bicubic to 4-tap Jinc. Looking at the pictures side by side visually, I can't tell the difference (subjectively) between madVR's 3-tap (which is my 6 taps) to my 4 taps either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
not working.

it looks like it is not nearest neighbour it is bilinear when i select nearest neighbour it aliased even more the rest doesn't have an effect even softcubic 100.
Can you give v2.4.2 a test to see if downscaler bug is completely fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
I got exciting that this is in a .NET language (something I can understand).
But then, read that is closed source? Any reason given?
Sorry to disappoint but performance critical parts are actually in ASM and C / C++. C# merely provides the glue logic and it isn't very good at that too with GC stopping all managed threads when it feels like it (which means all MPDN's time critical threads are also in C++).

I can only share it as closed source or don't share it at all (for reasons I can't disclose). If you want to learn about writing a video renderer, there are plenty of resources on the net to get you started.

Last edited by Zachs; 6th October 2014 at 05:51.
Zachs is offline   Reply With Quote