View Single Post
Old 7th May 2011, 05:32   #1470  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
If you use "K" it will depend on your open-gop setting - you can still force "I" or "i". Or does this not work for you?

/edit:
To make sure I get you straight:
1.) Before, you had open-gop deactivated ("--open-gop none")
2.) Now you have open-gop activated ("--open-gop")

and you're wondering why x264 behaves differently?
Yes. Why, because the rules of the game have changed in the middle of the game. There isn't a changelog with the source distribution. Is there a place that lists major operational changes like this and explains what the changes affect and what the CLI settings should be? Maybe a separate thread, that doesn't allow discussion, that lists functional changes to the options and fully explains the previous setting combinations and what the new settings are to match the old.

Doing a little digging, a posting over on Doom10 (think it is a page back here as well) indicates that without --bluray-compat the --open-gop acts as it was --open-gop cbrHD under the old code. But, cbrHD was not an option, as they were none, normal and bluray. Because the posting didn't make sense, it was shoved aside.

While the developers understand what is going on with the changes, we poor users are sorta left out in the cold. I'd like to see a dedicated thread, as described above, as that would really help us users.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote