View Single Post
Old 16th May 2016, 13:04   #37994  |  Link
Werewolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
It's not that easy. Edges are either detected as being ringing or not. If they are detected as being ringing then I try to remove them. Different "strengths" don't really make too much sense here. Well, ok, there are some thresholds I'm using. But if I allow you to lower those, you'll get less ringing removed and maybe fewer artifacts in some places, but then you'll get more ringing left in the image, and some other artifacts instead. I don't think it would really improve the situation much.
I understand your point but maybe it would makes sense to do a test build with different tresholds to play with? Maybe we will find a better compromise, maybe we won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
But please try the next build, it has some (smallish) improvements. Maybe it works better for you? It's not perfect, though. And it probably never will.
I just tried it and I found more artefacts. Look at the teeth of the characters. It's maybe the only thing that keeps me to use it all the time with compressed videos.

Deringing 90.18 vs 90.19
Deringing off vs on

Here's the original picture but I don't know if it will help because on my side, deringing doesn't seem to work on juste one picture.

http://postimg.org/image/5t877ur9t/

Last edited by Werewolfy; 16th May 2016 at 13:07.
Werewolfy is offline   Reply With Quote