View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 01:45   #21  |  Link
WorBry

I haven’t had opportunity to test TempGaussMC with other ‘shimmery’ scenes as yet, but with the ‘striped tee-shirt’ clip I posted above I cannot see that either the script posted by Map1742 or that suggested by Scharfis offer an improvement on YadifMod.NNEDI alone, in this context

Here are the results:

Spline36Resize(1024,height)
bob(0.0, 1.0)
i=last
mdata = DePanEstimate(i)
DePanStabilize(i, data=mdata)
AssumeFrameBased().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3).assumefieldbased().weave()
yadifmod(order=0, mode=1, edeint=nnedi(field=-2))
Scripted_MVDegrain5() # as posted by Didee

http://rapidshare.com/files/11566271...-YV12.avi.html

yadifmod(order=0, mode=1, edeint=nnedi(field=-2))
i=last
mdata = DePanEstimate(I, pixaspect=1.454)
DePanStabilize(i, data=mdata, , pixaspect=1.454)
Scripted_MVDegrain5() # as posted by Didee

http://rapidshare.com/files/11566355...-YV12.avi.html

Compare with the results for yadifmod(order=0, mode=1, edeint=nnedi(field=-2)) alone and for TempGaussMC, as posted above (post # 9)

I might add that the clip was shot with OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) on. Whilst OIS theoretically degrades ‘image quality’ (assumed resolution) by around 10% (according to Panasonic), this is a vast improvement on Electronic Image Stabilization, which for those Panasonic cams that use it, is reckoned to degrade quality by as much as 30-40%. As you can see (from the Depan borders), even in my shaky little mits, the clip is reasonably steady for a hand-held shot. I should maybe include some shots with OIS off (hand-held and tripod) in my further tests.

@Map1742, I agree aliasing is a problem with consumer-level DV cams, and the GS400 is quite prone to it - probably a by-product of the 3CCD pixel-shift technology. There’s some evident in this clip on the wall beading. One thing I do note is that your routine removes this quite effectively, but so does YadifMod.NNEDI plus MVDegrain5 alone. Delete the MVDegrain5 step from your script and the aliasing comes back. So the reasonable conclusion would be…….

Perhaps you could provide some clips that demonstrate the benefits of your pre-deinterlace processing.

Last edited by WorBry; 18th May 2008 at 17:20.
WorBry is offline   Reply With Quote