View Single Post
Old 16th January 2013, 19:38   #16953  |  Link
mark0077

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Actually matching rates *should* be good enough. Audio clock deviation should be constant, so it's not like at some point in time suddenly the clock deviates and madVR has to drop a frame. madVR drops frames to keep audio and video in sync when there's a constant drift between audio and video clocks. If you match clocks reasonably well, there should not be frame drops/repeats for several hours at least.
Thanks madshi. For me this isn't the case though. Exactly matching the rate down to 0.0001 with SVP I get frame drops. Adjusting slightly below it (59.950XX playback rate vs 60.001XX reported display rate), I was able to prevent frame drops, but maybe now I'm getting frame repeats but can't see them. Maybe I'll see those repeats reported in future madVR versions. Exactly matching rates definitely didn't prevent drops for me I could almost guarantee to see 1 drop every half an hour at the very least. 0 drops with the playback rate lower than display rate reported by madVR. I really don't know what to do..
mark0077 is offline   Reply With Quote