View Single Post
Old 10th December 2006, 05:26   #7  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeJay.dk View Post
I think it's more than simple resampling while upscaling .. if you view an image or movie at the same resolution as the source or if you downscale the source , it still brings out more details.
Yes, that's the sharpening aspect. It's a good sharpener, doesn't cause noticeable halos and has some aspects of warpsharp as well, but isn't much more amazing that what one can do with LimitedSharpenFaser (or SeeSaw) and Warpsharp in ffdshow. If you run them after resize, quality is much higher, but you need a powerful system to keep from dropping any frames.

Basically I think the things Neuview does are interesting, maybe I'll try to see if I can improve ffdshow's support - without breaking everything - but I have a strong enough system that I don't have any need to pay for a packaged fix.

Jahplayer is interesting, but didn't pick up my soundcard, so I didn't use it much. Except to play a couple of things at 180fps, lol.

Pookie, if it's a keyboard shortcut that'd work; if it requires command-line options don't worry about it.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote