View Single Post
Old 16th August 2010, 13:00   #24  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Subtitles haven't been tested extensively, i know that TEXT subtitles work, although i thought i saw PGS work as well.
I don't usually watch stuff with subtitles, do you have a sample with ASS and/or SSA? They seem to only really be used with animes, some area of videos that i don't watch and/or have at all.
I was using ffdshow subtitle filter. Indeed plain text subs are working. The problem with ASS and PGS may be that the splitter it's not correctly formatting the output data. I guess this because when changed to ASS/PGS tracks I get ocasional text on screen, like ·"·"$·"$%"!"!·"$&&/((, with the same font, location, etc. Looks like ffdshow still thinks it's receiving plain text subs.

Quote:
Like i said in an earlier post, smart selection of streams is not implement yet. It'll just pick the first stream of every type.
Once thats implemented it'll respect default and forced flags in addition to language priorities. Hopefully everything in a sane manner.
Yup, just testing the stuff. Haali looks like a great reference for this (without its bugs )

Quote:
What video codec? What audio codec? Sample?
I tested on some MP4 with h264 video, not sure what audio codec was in there, though.
Sure, sample here. All of them are H.264+AAC, your typical MP4 file. It's 5 years old, but newer ones behave the same here.

Oh and another suggestion for when you implement the property page, a bitrate graph would look great, I've always found Haali's one very informative.

This splitter is going to be a bomb when it's finished
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote