View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 16:05   #12  |  Link
FoxDisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnezami View Post
The new Processing Key was posted by BtCB on freedom to tinker about a week ago (release day +1).
This is a side note to Slysoft, who I expect monitors this forum. It's in the interest of Slysoft to disclose the Processing Key they have uncovered as soon as they release their software.

If Slysoft does not release the PK they are using, someone here will sooner or later uncover and release a PK. Notice how quickly BtCB had this PK. He published it on release day +1, and may have had it before then. If BtCBs PK is the same one that Slysoft is using in AnyDVD, there's no harm, but what if they are different? If there are two holes, both will get plugged in the next round of cat vs. mouse (IMHO, the LA looks like the poor mouse right now.) It would be better for Slysoft not to have both holes plugged. They may even have found the same PK released here, but used another one and by not publicly disclosing the one they use in their software, they lose this PK as a backup for the next round.

I'd also like to point out that it's in the best interest of fair use lovers here for Slysoft to copy and use any PK released here, if it's released before Slysoft releases their own software, and for any PK released by Slysoft to be used in software released here. No one should complain about such behaviour from Slysoft or open source software authors - for the same reason - there's just no benefit to having two or more PKs released and two or more exploits closed on every round.

My .02
FoxDisc is offline   Reply With Quote