Old 17th December 2015, 14:07   #702  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
So I ask to add the feature to BD3D2MK3D:
Convert DTS audio tracks to WAV-MKV
for further processing.
Hum, sorry, but IMO it's not something for BD3D2MK3D. The main process is supposed to produce the final MKV without the need for additional manual processing. And, since the video is re-encoded in (normally) Half SBS or T&B, the quality is lower than the original BD anyway, and IMO it doesn't make sense to include huge DD audio stream. IMO, if you want to keep the original quality of the audio, you should also avoid to re-encode the video, and therefore you should simply copy the BD3D. In other words, the philosophy of BD3D2MK3D is to make a relatively good conversion to a relatively small MKV file, not to clone the original video and audio as closely as possible. And anyway, if you really want to keep the optimal quality, you should simply NOT re-encode the audio at all. Therefore, I don't see the advantage to output to WAV and re-encode for no gain at all.

If you really want to encode the sound in a format not supported by BD3D2MK3D, you have to do it yourself, and edit the MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file to mux the final audio stream instead of the original. That's not really difficult, and there are many good GUIs for eac3to to do it. Adding this as an option in BD3D2MK3D will only confuse the casual users, and you will not gain much processing time.

So, sorry, but I will not do it, unless there are several peoples interested in this.

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th December 2015 at 14:10.