View Single Post
Old 21st November 2005, 23:28   #7  |  Link
Rockaria
nobody's nobody

I agreed the foobar2k v0.83 had been very satisfactory with the decent multi-channel aac encodings and I actually liked it(and it's gui!).
But I have no idea about the nero's strategy on the v7 aac encoder but am sure the channel mapping is different from the old stable setup and found there is an alternate & more flexible method as I described above.

Now the foobar2k beta 0.9 version stdinput plugin read the aac stream correctly and we may be having the correct channel mappings interface from the v0.9 regardless of the nero aac encoder version.
My feeling is that the foobar nero aac encoder interface is somewhat hardcoding the channel order somewhere inside. What I've been missing with the foobar is an explicit channel remapping plugin for the flexibility.

Also I think the stream passing between the dlls would be somewhat faster than between the processors through pipe, but not that significantly in processing and the lightweight feature seems to be more from the user interface than the actual processing. The above method uses only two EXEs and some DLLs, less than 3 maybe including the avisynth.dll itself, also it would be worthwhile to check how many dlls and memory are actually used with foobar encoding...

Last edited by Rockaria; 22nd November 2005 at 02:19.
Rockaria is offline   Reply With Quote