View Single Post
Old 20th September 2002, 16:48   #78  |  Link
Suiryc

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluedan
Suiryc, I tested your tool and it worked fluently. Great!

Quote:
Yesterday I had the case that your tool cut my ~1.35GB stream with size preset 700MB into 3 pieces with the last one being 1,3MB.
You could have also tried with 702MB as plit size (using the commandline)
but ...
Quote:
My Linux tools implement a '-n' switch that tells ogmsplit how many files it should create at most - even if the last one is bigger than the intended size. This is rather trivial to implement so I'd think suiryc will do that. This is a feature that greatly eases the splitting in a lot of cases - simply split at 700 and go for 2 files max. Several people are very happy with this feature, so it won't be useless
I will do that too

Quote:
I hate to ask for such things like: "hey mastermind, can you put together a personal solution for me, which is totally useless to other people except myself?"
Mastermind? Who is that guy?
No problem here. You know sometimes you think that what you want is totally useless for other people but it's generally not the case (at least I am sure that other people would like a workaround here).

Quote:
So far there is no tool to join OGM steams, right?
Nope. (AFAIK)
I could give this a try, but with the options I added in my splitter (concerning chapters) I will have a lot of things to verify before the merged file looks like the original one (or at least is not too far)
Suiryc is offline   Reply With Quote