View Single Post
Old 15th January 2013, 09:21   #16908  |  Link
jmone

Quote:
Originally Posted by konakona View Post
Hello there.
I've checked some pulldown detection patterns: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1276064/1920x1080-24-25-30fps-test-patterns-detect-pulldown-issues

and i do have same issue as the person that posted these patterns ("Pulldown / Frame Interpolation: One thing I've noticed that is interesting with the test files, it shows you what pull down and frame interpolation is being applied by the PC and/or TV. Each of the test files is only encoded with only 1 red square per frame. So when playing say the NTSC test file (29.97) you see two red squares when played at 60hz...in this case (I guess) the video renderer or TV displays each frame twice but overlaps them with the following frame. Now the interesting thing is when I play the Blu-ray test file (23.976) at 24hz I see 3 red boxs on my setup. As this is not being done in the PC, it looks like it must be the TV doing a 3:3 frame interpolation (though the documentation on the PIO LX608 is pretty vague on it's settings and options here)."

i do have screen forced to 72hz,and using reclock,but it looks like something in the video chain is putting some frame interpolation and i see 3(or 2,its really hard to see) red boxes. ive tried to force vsync,and play with pulldown detection in catalyst control center but in vain. Im using madvr+newest lav filters+reclock

im using xp 32bit,hd4870 and dell 2209wa (the 3squares also appear when i run 30fps test on 60hz,so i dont think its a screen issue,no one else reported that too)
That would be me and why I created these test patterns as it was driving me nuts. I too have a Pio and under Options --> Drive Mode I have selected option "2" as it is the most natural to my eyes. These three options change how the Pio does frame rate interpolation and as you have seen with these test patters you can actually see what the Pio is doing. ...and you are right - it is very poorly documented what the settings do on the Pio!

Last edited by jmone; 15th January 2013 at 09:24.
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote