View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2012, 20:23   #12427  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Ok, easy answers first. Replies which require some checks will come a bit later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
MPC generates a error saying it's stopped working, so I'm uncertain, I've created a log anyway if you're interested.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5a6o4g47fulerfs
A log alone won't help much for a crash. Was the crash in MPC-HC or in madVR? If it was in madVR you should (ideally) have seen the madVR exception box with an option to send a bug report to me. If you just saw the standard windows crash box then the crash was probably in MPC-HC and not in madVR. Without a madVR crash report there's not much I can do about crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
This is unrelated to the new release as I have the same problem with 0.80, but does anyone else also have problems getting deinterlacing to work?
I'm on Win 7 x64, Radeon HD 5850, Catalyst 12.2 and deinterlacing just won't work, even if I force it via ctrl+alt+shift+d, I still see all those combs. It worked fine when I used it a few weeks ago (or use a different filter like LAV Video to do the deinterlacing), so maybe it is something with the new drivers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by glc650 View Post
I can't get deinterlacing to work either. When I turn on deinterlacing in madVR (and turn off software deinterlacing in LAV Video Decoder) and try to play back my 1080i60 content I get audio but no video (video is black/blank in mpc-hc). Had the same issue with version .80. I've got a Radeon 6570 w/Catalyst 12.1.
A few things to check:

(1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D to make sure deinterlacing is turned on.
(2) Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T to check whether madVR is in film or video mode.
(3) Double check whether deinterlacing works with other renderers (VMR9, EVR).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp_anton View Post
There are some weird subtitle behaviour when there are media player messages in the top left corner. I guess this is why you've disabled the "pause" messages, but if you seek, change volume etc, the problem is still there. And I'd like to have the pause message =).
That's technically not possible to achieve at the moment. When a message appears on screen, madVR is forced to rerender the frame. In order to do that, the subtitles must be rerendered, too. And the internal MPC-HC subtitle render engine doesn't like to go backwards in time. The going backwards happens because madVR has already asked the subtitle renderer to render future frames in order to fill the render queue. So in order to rerender the "current" frame, the subtitle renderer would have to "rewind". And whenever I ask it to do that, it needs a couple of frames until it outputs subtitles again. As a result, subtitles disappear. There's not much I can do about it atm. There may be a way in the future to solve this, by using a better subtitle renderer, but that doesn't exist yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowRunner View Post
And from what I've tested so far, everything is perfect; thank you very much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAST View Post
Hmm, using v0.80, my 3-year old HD4870 literally died trying to play the Life in the Garden 4k resolution video; it was totally unplayable! But with the new version, the video plays semi-fine with 1-2 dropped frames per second. Great performance increase here.
Good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
bcvbc
Please quote the "normal" way. I've had to manually copy your texts over because the doom9 forum software doesn't understand your way of quoting/replying.

Quote:
Yeah, I mean it looks better with madvr's IVTC instead of dxva deinterlacing. I'm not sure if there's more going on technically, but in the case of this DVD it wanted to use deinterlacing first.
That's kinda as expected. Currently madVR is not able to autodetect whether a DVD is "film" or "video" type. So it defaults to DXVA deinterlacing because that can handle everything. If you know for a fact that IVTC will work on any given DVD, just turn it on manually and you may get better quality (at least better smoothness). But if you turn IVTC on for material that can't be IVTCed, you'll get combing.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
Are you using the Direct3D11 presentation option in madVR? Which OS and which GPU are you using?
Yes and Windows 7 with a GTX 550 Ti 285.62 WHQL drivers
I'm aware of that there are sometimes odd effects with the D3D11 presentation option. I plan to work on that in a future version. But it won't be easy to fix, because it only rarely happens on my PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillars of Creation View Post
Using madVR 0.81

Code:
Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps       <----
Original frame rate              : 23.976 fps       <----
will use original frame rate (23.976 fps "says source filter" with dropped frames) instead of frame rate (25.000 fps).

Adding .25p at the end before .mkv will play file with 25.000 fps (without dropped frames)
It is not madVR's job to look at the container information. That's the splitter's job. The "says source filter" is the information that the splitter or decoder provided madVR with. So if that information is incorrect, you need to complain to the splitter/decoder developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
Has anyone noticed that MadVR doesn't work properly on a monitor in portrait mode?
Does every GPU/monitor support that? I don't even know how to activate that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
About presentational glitches, I found out what caused the problem earlier for me on the laptop: tha LAN cable !
Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Well, not totally solved:
- after reboot playback is awful again (many-many glitches, and frame drops)
- but unistalling and reinstalling the same new lan driver solves the problem again (very few glitches or none) !

So I don't know what is going on ...
I don't know, either. You could try checking if you can change something in your BIOS. In any case, if reinstalling the LAN driver makes the problem go away then most probably madVR is not at fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
Wow, I can now FINALLY drag MPC-HC between screens and fullscreen to exclusive mode without lag and without a frozen screen. Before exclusive mode could only be started on one screen and then I would have to reopen the video clip to use fullscreen exclusive mode on my other screen.

I must say that Windowed <-> exclusive mode and rapid switching between exclusive modes of different screens is now completely smooth and fixed from my viewpoint.
Good to hear. I hope it will stay this way once the refresh rate changer bugs are fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
Feature request: Is it possible to add key commands to enable (or invoke) the display changer and to disable (or stay at the original refresh rate)? Basically to be able to have the display changer 'execute' at will?
Possible, yes, but I'm not sure how many users would actually use that. I'm a bit reluctant to add keyboard shortcuts for any funny feature. The alphabet has only so many characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
Hi madshi, today in mpc-hc I got a message about mpc-hc crashing but I see a madVR crash report was created on the desktop. Is it useful to send this to you somehow?
Yes, that's why it was created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magilvia View Post
I vote for a fix to the "DVD macromedia fail" on window seven, if you please.
It's on my to do list, together with so many other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbordas View Post
is dscaler5 still necessary with madVR 0.81? I'm a little confused whether the ivtc features in madVR duplicate what dscaler does for dvds (mpeg2).
In theory madVR's IVTC should be better than the DScaler5 IVTC Mod in every way. Whether that's true in real life is another question and still needs to be proven over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcorbo View Post
I'm finding that the automatic display mode changer isn't taking deinterlacing+IVTC into account when determining which display mode to change to. It is selecting 1080p60, even though the playback rate is 24fps. When the content is already 24p, 1080p24 is selected correctly. Can anyone confirm, or am I missing something?
Did you force madVR into film mode? Only in film mode madVR is supposed to switch to 24p, when playing back a 1080i60 file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
Would it be possible to change the seek bar's height in exclusive mode? It's a little too thin now -- with an overscan, I could merely see the tip of the bar.

A time code overlayed on top of the seek bar (I know it's custom drawn and much harder than what most ppl think) would be appreciated as well.
Yeah, that would be nice, but just changing the seek bar height alone isn't enough, I'd also have to redraw the seekbar thumb image. And adding a time code overlay would also cost extra work. This will surely all come sooner or later, it's just a question of priorities. Everything which can't be done in a couple of minutes has to wait until it's the most important thing in my to do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
Thanks madshi for the new version, bicubic 100 exceeded my expectations and unlike EVR's bicubic 100 there is very little aliasing and less ringing.
Glad you like it. Not sure why it has less ringing than EVR's algorithm, though. Ok, my algorithm should be mathematically "perfect". Maybe EVR's algorithm isn't? I don't really know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokrySedeS View Post
Speaking of FSE seek bar, it would be nice if it supported seeking to keyframes with Shift+LeftClick (or some other way) just like MPC-HC does.
Does anybody know how to do this programatically? I don't right now from the top of my head. "IMediaSeeking" allows me to seek to a specific time with the hint to the decoder to seek to the nearest key frame. But I've no idea how to find out which time code the next key frame might have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron2000 View Post
On further testing it seems to be the enabling of 'delay playback start until render queue is full' and probably a high backbuffer value.
That combination may explain a certain delay in switching. But it doesn't explain why you didn't have the same problem in v0.80, so I'm a bit confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer73 View Post
Got a wierd symptom with MPC-HC, LAV Filters & madVR 0.81, black screen with the above using RGB32, but works right away in YV12.
Can you reproduce that? Does it happen with all videos or just with some specific ones? In the latter case can you upload a small sample? If it happens if all videos, something is weird. Maybe a small madVR debug log would help, not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by italospain View Post
I have a request:

madVR CPU resizers.
Maybe at some time in the future, but not anytime soon. Creating fast CPU resizers would probably require carefully written SSE2 code which is a quite time consuming thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlouy View Post
About my previous issue:
I've tested with 0.81: no problem
I came back to 0.80 : no problem

So, it was on my own. Sorry for the disturbance. :/
No problem. There was a reason I never analyzed that problem. It didn't seem likely to me that madVR would be at fault.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote