View Single Post
Old 31st May 2010, 08:12   #2841  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxnet View Post
I am using the Nvidia decoder at this time. Is there a link to a h.264 file as you requested. I have about 500+ standard DVD's ripped to the drive, so I don't fool around with other formats at this time. Maybe another decoder to try?
Yeah, please try another decoder. There are lots of MPEG2 decoders to choose from. So it'd be very important for me to know whether the problem occurs with all decoders or just with one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank K Abbott View Post
I'm getting unstable playback and stuttering when playing with CoreAVC, using 3dlut and yCMS and the default upsampling and downsampling settings with a 720p or 1080p file. ATi Mobility Radeon 4570 1GB. C2D @ 2.66Ghz.
Which OS are you using? Aero on/off? Did the previous madVR version run better for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
so I've updated to the WHQL 197.77 drivers(XP SP3/384MB 96SP 8800GS), and I've tried to go windowed/fs a few times...after 2 or 3 times it froze the player completely(but didn't lock up the computer), you can see that the end of the log is desperately looking for VSYNC: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2qymn...madVR_log1.rar
It seems that refresh rate detection fails to work properly on your PC with 0.13. This might be a consequence of the changes I implemented to make newer NVidia drivers work.

Does the display refresh rate indicator in the OSD show correct information? Does it behave differently to 0.12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
and I've got many files that give this, and that's it
I've tried CoreAVC, DivX, MPC-HC internal decoder and ffdshow. None of these decoders show that problem for me. Which decoder are you using? Can you please make sure that you have the latest version of that decoder installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
what does Available Texture Memory represent?
See here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.85%29.aspx

I'd say it's probably the combined amount of GPU RAM + AGP/PCIe memory or something like that. It's definitely not system RAM.

Quote:
Bug report

MPC-HC, 1920x1080 video, 1920x1080 display resolution. Massive lag and occasional crash when going from Fullscreen to Windowed.
Will look into this.

Quote:
Black screen VSfilter (guliverkli2) aspect ratio problem is still not fixed.
I've written a looooong comment about that, just look a few posts before the 0.13 announcement!

Quote:
Max Stats (5s) Rendering time > Movie Frame Interval = A few dropped frames.
Average Rendering time appears to be completely irrelevant as far as dropped frames are concerned.
I can't confirm that. I'm having smooth playback on my Geforce 9400 HTPC, although max rendering times are always above movie frame interval.

That said, in windowed mode rendering and presentation does fight with each other. So it's possible that if rendering blocks the GPU too long, madVR might not be able to present the next frame soon enough, which would result in a dropped frame. This problem will go away in fullscreen exclusive mode, and hopefully also in Aero when I implement a special rendering path for it.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote