View Single Post
Old 1st June 2009, 18:24   #1274  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
With 0.10, what have seen is that if the decode and render buffers/queues are not completely full, madVR has the potential to drop/delay frames.

[...]

you may want to look into dynamically limiting the maximum buffer/queue size to what the GPU can always keep full. I wouldn't be surprised if that fixed the delayed/dropped frame problem I have occasionally run into when the render queue drops to 7/8.
Increasing the queue size won't help, unless your queue goes lower than 3-4.
I was actually suggesting to dynamically decrease the maximum queue size. (i.e. if the gpu is only able to keep the queue to 7/8 100% of the time full, it changes the limit to 7/7 instead, and same idea for the decoding queue, if it's only say able to keep the queue 100% of the time to 14/16, it changes the limit to 14/14). In other words a high queue limit is stressing out some GPUs which are unable to keep up.

If you have another idea of why, when the decoder and/or render queues drop to only 15/16 and/or 7/8 respectively, I always get dropped/delayed frames, I'm open for suggestions about how it can be fixed.

Edit: Also is there any chance for you to quickly make a stop-gap release (something like 0.10b) that only fixes the remembering of luma scaling settings? It's been two weeks now, and having to manually set my scaling settings for every single video I open, is getting very annoying, very fast. I hope we don't have to wait another month or something just to see this minor thing fixed.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 1st June 2009 at 18:37.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote