View Single Post
Old 25th March 2008, 19:33   #3992  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Squid View Post
Gotcha. I was curious because eac3to did seem to be able to dig out fairly accurate information from these. For example, the below DTS-HD HR track (with a 48khz DTS 5.1-ES 1536kbit/s core):
Code:
>eac3to g:\bdmv\stream\00000.m2ts

M2TS, 1 video track, 3 audio tracks
1: MPEG2, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
2: DTS Hi-Res, 6.1 channels, 24 bits, 3093kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB
3: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
4: AC3, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
The "6.1" is coming from the "ES" core. The bitrate information is simply manually calculated by making use of the size of the DTS-HD data blocks. You know, for High Resolution the DTS-HD data blocks always have the same size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Squid View Post
Anyway, if I find anything myself by manual inspection of the header blocks, I'll let you know.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydane View Post
With HDMI bitstream support coming (Intel G45 & Asus HDMI soundcard), and assuming there will be .mkv player support for same, will an option to preserve the original DD+, TrueHD and/or DTS-HD MA tracks be fourthcomming?
The option is already there! eac3to can demux DD+, TrueHD and DTS-HD MA tracks just fine today.

However, I'm quite sure that Intel G45 and the Asus HDMI soundcard will also allow multichannel PCM output. Which means that FLAC is just as good as DD+/TrueHD/DTS-HD MA bitstream. So I will continue to use and recommend FLAC.