View Single Post
Old 6th June 2019, 18:54   #56515  |  Link
dzonibegood

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
@dzonibegood
don't use the windows 10 HDR feature it does what ever it wants to the image and worse to SDR too.
What should I use then in order to trigger TV HDR output for PC ? I also selected HDR pass through on the madVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
a claim about a green tint is meaningless without proper calibrated hardware and even harder with the TVs tone mapping which yet again does what ever it wants with the image.
You don't need to have proper calibrated hardware to see that the madVR is giving green tint to the image. I provided direct comparison (screenshot not camera picture) which means it has been taken from the source itself and in the source itself you can see the pixels are painted green ever so slightly if I didn't have VLC to compare I wouldn't even notice it. Please open the provided images in the comment to see for yourself.
Focus on the stalones hair alone. You can see instead of white/grey/black you can see shades of green. Quickly switch between the two and you will see obvious "green tint" with madVR.

I honestly don't know if I have to enable some kind of option to get proper madVR HDR output as the MPC is fresh as well as the madVR with latest LAV filters. Nothing modified or changed only flipped the fullscreen and exclusive screen as well as HDR passthrough.
dzonibegood is offline   Reply With Quote