Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 26th October 2017, 12:19   #3692  |  Link
sausuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
It's not always 37 threads, just in your specific scenario.

I think that Vegas simply doesn't serve frames to Avisynth fast enough and therefore creating a bottleneck. That also explains the low CPU usage.
the video preview on sony vegas is so fast though even the video realtime in frameserver (100%+) when using avsmeter (100-150fps) using other scripts and avisynth.

the thing is all the avisynth I used (MT,avs+MT) I need to push the Queue button on MEGUI many times (1x to 3x) to get a fast FPS, when I pushed it and the video is slow they have the same cpu usage too, so I abort again and push then pray that it will be fast (40fps=slow 75fps=fast)

here's the screenshot using this script with avsmeter:

script:

Quote:
SetMemoryMax(1536)
SetMTMode(5,4)
AVISource("E:\2Encoded Files\kljsdfkjlfdskjlfds.avi", audio=false).AssumeFPS(60000,1001)
SetMTMode(2,4)
ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709")
return last

same scenario on avsmeter, in that screenshot that is the fastest, I first drag the script and it only have 50fps so I close avsmeter and drag again then that's the fastest (I always look on Vegas Preview too and the frameserver percentage). Dunno if it's the architecture of the threadripper though first time experiencing this.

EDIT:

here's what I'm saying

Slow: 30+ FPS

Fast: 70+ FPS (too lazy to wait) xD

That's the two scenario when I want to encode either get the 30fps one or the 70fps one. When using the normal avisynth always 40fps

PS: Look also the jobs, 11 to 13 hence I aborted in Job 12 'cause I get the same slow fps and get the fast FPS in Job 13

Last edited by sausuke; 26th October 2017 at 12:42.