View Single Post
Old 4th April 2018, 20:11   #50068  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkolonko123 View Post
Fair play, let us know if did improve after fresh windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
I would start with the driver rather than reinstall the entire OS. It is unlikely madVR performance will improve at all. It is mostly worried about your GPU.
Well, I needed a clean Windows install anyway, so, it was time.

Full clean install, clean driver install, and reinstalled J River MC24. Kept most of my madvr settings although for some reason it didn't pick up the same devices. I say this only because I don't know if it's relevant or not. Exact same device names but madvr detected them as new and greyed out the old ones. Anyway, set those up again and left everything else the same in madvr as it was before. I'm still getting some drops/repeated frames when bitstreaming, but, it's certainly a hell of a lot better out of the box than it was. We're talking 1 every 5 or so minutes. That's before attempting any custom res settings so this gives me hope that I may be able to solve the issue when I get some time later. Rendering times for the settings I have are around 15ms which is good. Haven't played with 3D yet to see how that goes. I'm not recommending people go reinstall windows, however. Simply saying that I needed to anyway and now that I have it certainly has improved things. Most likely, as you said, it's all driver related.