View Single Post
Old 29th August 2002, 00:46   #5  |  Link
glimmerung

Lord Of The Rings Disk2

Geezer-UK,

Just looking into this myself so I'm no oracle, but I think this is to do with VTS_01 having 15 seperate PGCs (check it out in Smartripper and or DVD Decryptor). Each PGC can have it's own chapters, and in this case PGCs 1-3 have chapters, while the others don't (PGC4 is a music video by enya, 5-11 are trailers of varying sorts, 12 is the copywrite warning, 13 is the entertainment in video startup screen, 14 is another set of trailers all spliced togeter and 15 is the blank screen).
So its PGCs 1-3 that are causing you the confusion (and me to, I might add). PGC1 has 10 chapters, PGC2 has 4 and PGC3 has 3. You can check this out by looking under the format tab in chapter-x-tracter, then using the drop down arrow next to title to select each PGC (1-15). It should show 10, 4, 3 for the first three PGCs respectively, with PGC4-15 having no chapters.

You might try ripping each PGC seperately from VTS_01 (as mentioned in the CCE and IfoEdit guide (www.doom9.org/mpg/ifoedit-cce.htm). That way you can get the chapters for each PGC.

Once you get to the point where you are using Maestro, though, I can no longer help. I don't know the program at all.

And Gearo, splitting the disk is precisely what you need to do. As far as I can see, in this case you would need to rip VTS_01 (and possibly VTS_03) into seperate PGCs (there are a hell of a lot - 15 for VTS_01 alone) as these are the biggest chunks of the disk. Then you would need to re-encode PGC1-3 (using CCE ideally - check the IfoEdit and CCE link above). This might leave enough space to able to put it back together, but I doubt it (I should know tomorrow, all being well). If you need to get more space, you could then try re-encoding VTS_03 (I'm not even sure if this would work as I've not tried it myself yet)

Please bear in mind with all this that I'm tring to work it out myself, so none of the above is gospel.

Hope it helps, though.
glimmerung is offline   Reply With Quote