View Single Post
Old 1st March 2019, 15:00   #448  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaku View Post
...and then I had some quite interesting results, or perhaps even say somewhat irregular results. I can't explain really, I'll just keep playing with it....
In my short tests was all fine, but you are the better tester then me.

Quote:
Though the other Users might overlook the hidden right-click options in the Apply button too themselves, even though such is already declared in writing (such as in this thread, perhaps in the upcoming change_xxx.txt too) and of course the hint at the status bar. Is the Apply button so far the only button which have a hidden right-click option in cE? I think it's the first ever in cE.
Yes it is the first button with a right-click option list (it is not a popup menu). In cE exists many buttons with a right-/middle click function
and many other components with a right click popup menu(Treeview's, Page control etc.). Do you think an extra button would be better?

Quote:
It's quite uncommon for programs to have extra options by right-clicking the buttons. One app I know that uses such functionality almost in every of its buttons is the LightAlloy media player. So perhaps a future, simple update to the green icon of the Apply button? Perhaps a small, top-view mouse icon placed at the top-right of the current Apply icon (with the mouse's right button colored differently, say if the mouse icon is grayish then the right button is reddish, or maybe just a small, simple down arrow).
I'm not an expert to manipulate icons and a button can have one icon only. Maybe is a "small star" placed to button caption enough to signal for an extra option. Button: Apply*

Quote:
Speaking of icons, I remember very far back (I think I used the very first released version of cE before the major GUI overhaul) that cE was (still is) one of the most icon-heavy apps I use. Back then I also used Opera (of defunct Presto engine) as long as I could after it got abandoned, and then Firefox which both used colorful icons in their older versions. Love the icons BTW.
I also like colored icon buttons, it is easier for the people brains to remember a color then a text-string. But not every body like this.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote