View Single Post
Old 11th March 2011, 15:19   #120  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherid View Post
... and your claim Verbatim's quality has dropped. Deal with it. ..
I haven't said that Verbatim dropped quality, I said all DVDRs dropped quality, and Verbatim is no exception. My 20 years experience with burning told me this. And really feel sorry for you if you cannot grip that quality is more than PI/PO values, or your interesting 95% limit. As independent longevity tests showed several times, disks that cut perfectly during burning couldn't be read afterwards, while disks that were not so brilliant in terms of PI/PO, withstand much much better and be still within the specs. Which I think is exactly what the OP asked. There are not so many dyes around, (I assume) you know, so there are other factors besides who manufactured the dye, who manufactured the stamper and who relabelled it. And of course, (I assume) you know there is also Gold/Alu layers, not only Alu.

And most people that claim that the DVDR must be burned at 16x because that's why is 16x written on them, and that the burners are designed to burn at 16x, or the same argumentation for CDR, they simply measure, if, the PI/PO (E21/E31 for CDR) but they don't have access (or time) to measure the jitter, which is higher at higher speeds, especially where the writing speed changes (also higher PI/PO, too). Those people don't come back to say, well, you know, my 16x (or 24x) disk just died, two weeks ago, God know why, it had such beautiful PI/POs.