View Single Post
Old 25th January 2021, 17:19   #24235  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
Davinci Resolve will use HW Acceleration for both 4:2:0 and 4:4:4 HEVC for both Playback and Encoding.... though it is not a "player" as such, it's a video editing package but does use HW Acceleration where it can
I try to continue: i.e. both FX6_Sample.mp4 and FX6_Sample_25fps.mp4 are hardware accelerated in Davinci Resolve when I tried to encode them into (some easy format) well - is it true (or just FX6_Sample_25fps.mp4 is accelerated)?
Screenshot with CPU and Video Decode load
Also ffmpeg -benchmark -i FX6_Sample_25fps.mp4 -f null out.null and ffmpeg -benchmark -hwaccel cuda -i FX6_Sample_25fps.mp4 -f null out.null (I use ffmpeg version 2021-01-12-git-ca21cb1e36-full_build-www.gyan.dev Copyright (c) 2000-2021 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 10.2.0 (Rev6, Built by MSYS2 project) - what version do you use?) are the same so hardware acceleration isn't work - is it true? If not and -hwaccel cuda use Video Decode upload screenshot, please.
Quote:
Also, keep in mind that the High CPU during the encoding of the HEVC 4:4:4 in Resolve is because the CPU is being used to decode the original AVC 4:2:2 500MBit & the other tasks that Dacinci Resolve is doing (Audio Transcoding, other Effects etc). It can not do HW decoding acceleration for 4:2:2 as the GPU does not support it.
I thought the same but your explanation was appreciated.
Quote:
While I've not tested every combination, Davinci Resolve seems to support all the NVDEC supported HW Accelerated Profiles https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_NVDEC content for both playback (decoding) and rendering (encoding) with a modern nvidia card, which includes HEVC 4:4:4.
I've watched the same on https://developer.nvidia.com/video-e...ort-matrix-new but asterix *H.265 (HEVC) 4:4:4 isn't explaned there - I can assume may be it means i.e. not through DXVA2 or D3D11

Last edited by VictorLS; 25th January 2021 at 17:25.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote