View Single Post
Old 13th April 2009, 15:39   #230  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoLLgoTT View Post
The raw pictures can be legally downloaded
Very cool! Which license do these pictures come with? Would it be legal to include them in madVR somehow?

Quote:
This is an excellent idea!
Which scaling algorithms would you like to have? The same used for luma scaling? Or a subset?

Quote:
But in terms of luma scaling I have a few movies which show a visible difference between Lanczos3 and Lanczos10. These movies have very high frequency response and suffer from quite a bit aliasing. With more taps there is very slightly more detail and much less aliasing. The german DVD of "My Fair Lady" is a good example. Maybe some Superbits with aliasing on the disc (e.g. "The 5th Element") could also benefit from more taps.
Well, madVR 0.4 now does Lanczos8. Personally, I think the difference between Lanczos3 and Lanczos4 is bigger than the difference between Lanczos8 and Lanczos4. So I think Lanczos8 should be virtually identical to Lanczos10.

Quote:
And btw., additional ringing by the scaling algorithm is no problem even with such high frequency material.
I don't agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noee View Post
.4 build

* madVR is now pickup up my LG37 (HDTV) refresh of 24Hz properly.
* Reclock tearing test shows *no* tearing now with 23.976@24Hz playback on *secondary* (LG37)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice25 View Post
Yup at first glance secondary display detection is working nicely. Well done.
Great news! I was hoping for that, but didn't really expect it.

So is CPU consumption on secondary display ok now, too? No more 100%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice25 View Post
Any chance you could add a A/V jitter statistic to the OSD?
That would fall under the "smooth playback" category which is not implemented yet. So I can't give you any comment on that...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote