View Single Post
Old 31st March 2011, 13:04   #557  |  Link
hydra3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vit- View Post
hydra3333: "QTGMC jaggies", grrrr... The problem was with your original reinterlacing script. The second script you're using does a better job of downscaled reinterlacing. However, it assumes an interlaced source. If you want to start from a progressive source (e.g. including one that you've bobbed) just replace the "SeparateFields()" line with "SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3)"

I.e. If you want to deinterlace first (for some temporal processing perhaps?) then your second script starts thus:
Code:
QTGMC(...settings...) #Or whatever bobber
SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3)
# rest of that second script
Probably there's a simplification to be made to the remainder of the script in the progressive case, but it will do...
Huh ? It is an interlaced source. What was wrong with the 1st script to make you go grrrr ? This thread http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...41#post1110741 talks about re-interlacing from a double-framerate deinterlaced clip and I gathered SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3).Weave() was the way to reinterlace the double-framerate progressive clip which QTGMC produced. I also recall reading recommendations that resizing an interlaced clip is best done by deinterlacing it first and then reinterlacing after the resize.... which I did with QTGMC /resize/reinterlace.

Last edited by hydra3333; 31st March 2011 at 13:07.