View Single Post
Old 29th April 2005, 00:22   #19  |  Link
Backwoods
ReMember

Quote:
Originally posted by paviko
@backwoods
I've looked closer to your frame grab and I'd like to have you camcorder It's perfectly keeping colour information in dark areas. Is it a professional camcorder? The best result with such a good devices can be obtained when max_sat parameter is set to 1.0. Otherwise colours can be boosted too much.
Ah yes, I didn't notice that max_sat was 2.0 by default. Putting it around 1.5/6 gives a nice result. And the camera I was using is a Sony HDR-FX1, nice camera.

Quote:
It's your second perfect question. It's best to do separatefields() and then weave() for interlaced. But also without it only in special cases some artefact can appear. Maybe it's good to add interlaced mode to filter, or do you prefer doing it yourself with separatefields() and weave() ?
I would just put a note in saying to use SeparateFields() and Weave() for interlaced people. Considering those people are going to be doing other effects also, which should be done inbetween S() and W(). Unless it's easy enough to code interlaced material handling.
Backwoods is offline   Reply With Quote