View Single Post
Old 4th June 2013, 19:54   #18987  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul31 View Post
what i want to know is, what exact options should i choose within LAV video with regards to the following to get the possible image:
> (hardware acceleration) -> hardware decoder to use: none, nvidia cuvid, intel quicksync, DXVA2 (native), or DXVA2 (copy-back) ? & why
> RGB Output Levels: TV, PC, or UNTOUCHED ? & why
> Dithering Mode: Ordered or Random ? & why
> there are other options as well which i haven't mentioned such as deinterlacing which can be configured within LAV video... what should i choose here for the rest of the options?

i also wanted to know:
how am i able to configure MPC-HC so that ALL the decoding & work that needs to be performed by the LAV filters etc is done completely by the I7 processor {CPU} & not touched at all by the nvidia card?
I'll give some answers to keep madshi free to keep up the good work. These have been covered many times in this thread and I don't think madshi needs to keep answering.

(hardware acceleration):
It sounds like you want "none" to me. This is what I use as well, all the other options use the GPU. The "hardware" doing the acceleration is on the GPU.

RGB Output Levels:
Untouched, leave converting color spaces to MadVR.

Dithering Mode:
Random unless you plan to re-encode the output. Random is visually higher quality but it does not encode as well.

You can turn on Yadif in LAV for software deinterlacing, I use video mode for real interlaced video (30i in my case).

All you need to do in LAV to keep the GPU free is to use "none" for hardware acceleration and don't use any shader scripts in MPC-HC.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote