View Single Post
Old 17th February 2009, 00:58   #13  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre111nl View Post
Thanks for the guide! Nice job!

I have a few questions, may be you can answer.

1. FFDSHOW setting MPEG2: I have two options libavcodec and libmpeg2, which should I select? Any important differences?
2. FFDSHOW setting VC-1: is currently disabled on my PC. So, enabling it to WMV9 is advised? (see post above).
3. I want to BD-RB to backup to BD25, but movie-only. In your guide you write that for BD25 I should select full backup. Can you explain why?
4. If I want to keep the movie only on BD25 should I use TsMuxer first, to keep the movie only in a BD-structure, then do a full backup with BD-RB?

Thanks for your answers! I appreciate it.

I can maybe help with a couple answers..

1. I use libavcodec for the mpeg-2 setting. No problems... and its what the default setup from the ffdshow calls for.

2. Apparently wmv-9 is the choice for the VC-1 setting.

3. You can do a Movie Only to BD25 if you want, but in copying a bunch of full movies to BD-25, I can see absolutely no difference between the original Blu-Ray and the copy...none.

4. Just use BD-Rebuilder. Thats what its designed to do... take all those manual steps out of the process for you. Simply select Full Movie, set the quality level ( Default works great), and select the output size to BD25... Hit the start button.

I prefer to burn the output to disc myselft with ImgBurn instead of having BD-Rebuilder send it automatically. It gives me the opportunity to check the movie before committing a $5.00 BD-R 25gb disc.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote