View Single Post
Old 1st February 2009, 23:28   #8105  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Thanks. "23.975" was due to truncating instead of rounding. It was "23.9758...". The next build will round that to 23.976. All tracks having the same "description" will also be fixed in the next build. A bigger problem is that eac3to doesn't like the h264/AVC tracks in your MKVs. This is caused by the video stream itself not containing any sequence headers. Because of that eac3to just lists the MKV properties of the video track instead of parsing the video bitstream itself. You can see that by the tracks being listed as "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC". All video and audio tracks beginning with "V_" or "A_" are Matroska names. If tracks are listed like that, eac3to was not able to fully understand/parse the video/audio bitstream. Will have to work on that for next week. That's probably the problem with MKV: There are so many "funny" files out there which are different from what eac3to itself creates. So it might take a while until all files are properly supported.

BTW, if anybody is interested, you can use the undocumented switch "-logmkv" to get a tree structure of the MKV file. It's quite similar to what "mkvinfo" outputs. That way you can see whether eac3to read your MKV file correctly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Another issue(?)
The video in that MKV is encoded with 23.976/1.000fps. I consider that "non-standard". The correct framerate would be 24.000/1.001fps. That's why eac3to (correctly) posts a warning. You can fix the problem by using "eac3to 24.s01e01.mkv fixed.mkv -slowdown". That will patch the video bitstream from 23.976/1.000 to 24.000/1.001. I don't think you will notice a difference when watching, though. Would be just for "peace of mind".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
I have a wish list item:

With more and more concerts footage coming out on Blu-Ray, it would be real sweet if you could add a split by chapter option when converting the lossless audio to flac files. Of course it would only work when reading an actual Blu-Ray structure.
Don't know, that's more difficult than it might seem. The eac3to infrastructure wasn't really built to split output files. Just imagine that eac3to finds out that the FLAC files need a second pass: eac3to would have to enumerate through all chapters again, reopen every of those separate FLAC files and redo them! That's a logistical nightmare...

Can't foobar2000 split FLAC files into chapters somehow? I thought I had seen something like that...