View Single Post
Old 7th April 2014, 20:55   #1260  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holygamer View Post
I was wondering what profile should I use to give the highest compression without lowering the picture quality? I'm converting 1080i 25fps TV recordings to 720p 59.94fps. The source was Main @ L4.0. At the moment Simple x264 Launcher automatically uses High @ L3.2.
Simple x264 Launcher does not set the Profile nor the Level, unless you explicitly request a specific Profile or Level.

The default behavior of x264 is to set the proper Profile and Level automatically for you, i.e. the lowest possible Profile/Level that your stream conforms to. And almost always there is no need to set the Profile or Level manually.

To make it clear again: The Profile and Level are just labels that indicate the minimum decoder capabilities that are required to play your stream. For example, a "High" Profile stream will require a decoder with support for "High" Profile.

(Enforcing an even lower Profile or Level than x264 would set by default can make sense, e.g. in case you need to hit a lower Profile/Level for compatibility reasons. Enforcing a higher Profile/Level makes no sense to me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabi View Post
Few month ago, I had a problem with multithread avisynth by qtgmc.
But now, I tried it again and I can say this issue is gone.
It run for 6 hours without problem.
Thanks for your job.
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure neither the problem nor the solution was caused by Simple x264 Launcher

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 7th April 2014 at 21:33.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote