View Single Post
Old 17th January 2013, 16:22   #16981  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by pururin View Post
In real world scenarios, is it worth costing more CPU power for using SSRC over the default Libsamplerate?

I've read some posts on Hydrogenaudio stating that good quality resamplers aren't much different as long as they do their math right.
It's probably negligible to be honest, but I have the CPU cycles to spare, and was able to find at least one test (that may have no bearing on the real world) where SSRC performed better.

As Madshi says, it's far easier to see problems with video processing than it is to hear problems with audio processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgexander View Post
Thanks Madshi. Can someone explain what the problem is to me? I have tried to scan through the thread to understand, but have had no success.

So far I notice that the problem relates to "film mode" rather than "video mode".

So film mode presumes theres no deinterlacing?
Video mode presumes there is?

How does this work with pal compared to ntsc?
Film mode assumes the content is supposed to be deinterlaced as a progressive frame (576p25 using 2:2 rather than 288p50 for example) or that it requires IVTC if it is a 59.94fps source. (3:2 pulldown applied to turn it into 480p24) That's not all it does, but is the general idea.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote