View Single Post
Old 1st April 2018, 13:37   #50001  |  Link
tyrindor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkolonko123 View Post
Masybe remove everything in registry i mean like whole string restart pc and see what is there, or maybe look trough there if there isnt anywhere:

ActiveSize.cx =
ActiveSize.cy =

with your dodgy native 480p resolution and change it to 3180x2160
I deleted that entire reg directory and restarted, the end result was 1 entry that was set to 3840x2160. I then played HDR, had it resize my windows, restarted again, and still only 1 entry. Editing those entries fixed my dual monitor woes in the past, but I think this issues is entirely different.

I feel it is caused by windows briefly losing HDMI handshake completely as the receiver or TV switches modes (HDR on to HDR off). Windows handles this very poorly, and seems to force a 480p signal while it waits for a display to be detected again. Windows lacks the ability to remember window size based on resolution, so all your windows just get resized to 480p. I removed all other resolutions but 4K from the EDID on my receiver/TV and it still didn't fix the issue, I don't know what else it could possibly be. Since I am not the only one with this happening, I can only assume it's a bug with NVIDIA or Windows, and the lack of reports might be because there aren't many people running 4K HDR displays yet.

I'll be setting up MadVR on a friend's computer soon, and I am interested to see if it happens on his too. Though, he has the same TV, graphics card, and receiver so I fully expect it to.

Last edited by tyrindor; 1st April 2018 at 13:51.
tyrindor is offline   Reply With Quote