View Single Post
Old 12th April 2014, 09:23   #73  |  Link
von Suppé

Tested with DTS-MA to dts core and TrueHD to AC3.

FYI mmg returned this:
Error: The file 'E:\TEST\chapterEditor 0.15\cetk_TrueHD_to_AC3_mmg\2 - TrueHD/AC3, 5.1 channels, English.ac3' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
After conversion, eac3to (or your GUI) wrote the file away with this name:
2 - TrueHDAC3, 5.1 channels, English.ac3

See the difference in the error? It seems to me the name is auto-copied from the text in the 'Format' column. I think the slash-sign / better be avoided and replaced with underscore or something. Can you do that?

Anyways, I added the track manually.
Both mkv's show hiccups. Also major a/v sync issues. In the beginning of all 3 version av sync is ok. Exact point I dont know, but at half of all 3 versions video runs after audio for I think half a second or so. I didn't have this with the HD audio versions.
Still seems MPC-HC has some serious SUP problems, at least within mkv. VLC plays them fine. How is the order of different streams anyway? First the file has to go through a demuxer/splitter, I guess. Then audio and video go to their respective decoders? But what about subs? Are they handled in an own different way or something? I can't understand why MPC-HC does show most of the subtitles, but some of them not.
What does seem is that the subs that are displayed stay in sync with video though (not with audio).
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote