View Single Post
Old 5th March 2004, 11:20   #9  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

I think RB is quite right here:

Quote:
I know the latter is contrary to what many other people/guides say in that BOV may not work if the sub is too close to a scene boundary. I now believe this may be correct for subs from an .SST (with display stop), but for my "no stop" BOV subs seems to guarantee success.
I also remove the stops from the subs and it works fine, no overlay problems etc. I just import the subs from the sst and then delete the stops. which is also possible of course. Quite some work tho if you have multiple sub streams.

Since I still have a BOV title sitting on my HD I might give RB's method a try next time

and Jel:

Quote:
for every subpicture, in every substream, that has the same cell times as your BOV subpics or can you simply adjust the start/end times to match?
not every scenarist version supports this But 3.0 does

oh and a bit off topic maybe but: I think removing the stop from the subs also solves the sub across scene thing: so a sub will be visible even if you jumped to the chapter. Didn't test that, but I believe it does. So maybe there's a way to delete those stops when importing a script or so, which would be nice and solve some problems.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.

Last edited by influenza; 5th March 2004 at 12:05.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote