View Single Post
Old 17th April 2011, 21:30   #12  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac698 View Post
I've tested that problem with capture cards, in one case I got a pattern like 0,0,1,3 where frame 0 was a dup and to catch up, it skipped frame 2. You're right, it works if you have a pattern like 0,1,1,3.
Good points about the drop not always happening in the frame immediately after the duplicate. I've definitely seen situations like the 0,0,1,3 pattern you describe. Somewhere in my sea of AVISynth scripts, I have a variation on the one I posted (the filldropsI script) that handles this.

However, the REALLY tough situation, which I've also seen, is where the drop doesn't always happen the same number of frames after the duplicate. As you walk through the frames on these clips you see the duplicate frame, and then one, two, three, or four frames later you see the jump from the dropped frame. I actually started to develop a script that was going to use conditional logic that was going to look at the motion vectors for the next four frames after a drop and, after decimating the duplicated frame, would insert an estimated frame at the point of the largest motion. I decided that the film in question wasn't worth that much effort to fix, but I'm sure such a script would be reasonably simple to construct.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote