View Single Post
Old 21st July 2009, 15:09   #2011  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Very weird. My building script consists of rm -rf'ing all of the current build folders -> updating the git repo (using one folder that never gets used for building) -> copying to the needed folders -> configuration and building. No additional patches were applied and the 32bit version gets even a standard ./configure because x264 by default optimizes for i686 IIRC.

I remember using the short commands myself earlier, so I will definitely have to take a look at it as I get home. And patching logs seemed to be all right.

Also, the 64bit build being not affected makes me think even more...

Too bad I don't have the msys environment on my hands via remote desktop :/

Possible culprits:
- my toolchain (hasn't been updated in a while though, so if it actually worked on the older builds...)
- that modified HRD patch (that has been there for some time as well; hurf, I was worried something might happen, because it was my first case, but let's see as the change was quite small...)
- getting updated code from the git repo went not-so-well?
- something else?

Will test some older binaries via wine on my laptop now.

EDIT:

Code:
r1184-83-81-79 32bit:
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 820 bytes in thread 0009 eip b7d269be esp 00520ffc stack 0x520000-0x521000-0x720000
r1173 32bit:
Works
Hurf, I think you can guess the reason and I will go cry myself to sleep with my patch that I made by applying it manually to the codebase and then doing diff magic. Will switch to the 1178 version by komisar and go hang myself ^^;

Although why the hell does it work on 64bit D:

EDIT2:

wtf, it even happens without any patches, I guess my build environment got changed somehow o_O I haven't touched it for months. Anyways, fun stuff.

EDIT3: Re-built the build with Trahald's v14 hrd pulldown patch on Komisar's msys/mingw - problems fixed, which is the main part - now to know why on Earth it failed on my 32bit building environment...

Last edited by JEEB; 21st July 2009 at 18:08.
JEEB is offline   Reply With Quote