View Single Post
Old 11th November 2017, 14:27   #1372  |  Link
dngnt

BDSup2Sub for image extraction...

Hello everybody! I have recently discovered BDSup2Sub512.jar , but my main usage is oddly for conversion from SUP and IDX/SUB to SRT for Asian languages (Korean, Japanese and Chinese)... Thanks to its support for XML/PNG , I am able to extract all the images from the subtitles in a decent form in order to process before OCR by ONeNote and Acrobat.

The image extraction is far better than Vobsub, XilisoftDVD Subtitle Ripper ... because each image focusses on the subtitles , not the whole screen.

I do not use its XML. I further enhance the resulting images with Irfanview in order to OCR with One Note and Acrobat. Subtitle Edit is also used on the Sub/Sup to get a draft of the SRT with the timings ( and its rich conversion skills to other subtitle formats are very helpful), but its OCR capabilities are very limited .

All that combined allows me to get a correct Srt , with some processing and a little proof-reading. But its great fun because of all the scripting involved.

The essential part is the extraction of the png from the sub.sup to convert to text (thanks to the developpers!)...Quite the reverse of the initial philosophy of BDsuptosub I presume .

Last edited by dngnt; 11th November 2017 at 14:30.
dngnt is offline   Reply With Quote