View Single Post
Old 10th February 2003, 03:46   #14  |  Link
Loul

Thank you Valnar for providing such interesting material.
I did check your results and I find too that the itu checkbox version of your divx files are squished.

The only (minor) doubts remaining are :

- are those tests right (it seems to be used for high end equipment testing so I would think they did the things right)
- did Valnar check the correct format when resizing with Gordian knot (ie anamorphic, non anamorphic) (I think so, no reason to think he made any mistake besides that would be then very hard for any test circle to be actually a perfect circle)

So I guess that the final word is that Itu checkbox would be best unchecked.

Quote:
i will remove the ITU checkbox in the next release.
Well consider leaving it if you feel it's necessary to keep that resizing method providing you find the results of the Avia tests convincing.

Just a comment.

I did some tests on my tv and through a capture card on my pc. It's far from being accurate, especially as I used a Playstation 2 as a Dvd player which ain't the best one available for sure.

Anyway the on screen measurements are quite weird as the picture is actually even more squished vertically than what you would obtain with the Itu resizing method.

Confusing hey ?
Of course my Tv ain't high end equipment hence is not correctly tuned.

Well as for me I feel it's better to have the correct aspect ratio on digital format, and provided the tests made by Valnar do not suffer criticism, I would still prefer unchecking that box.

Last thing is that I would deeply appreciate comments about what did Valnar by people having written in that topic as most seem to have a solid knowledge about it.

Have a nice day in a world with a good aspect ratio ! (so honey finally you ain't that fat, it was the video that had an improper DAR )